181107 - Jungbu Market, Standard Hotel


Jungbu Dried seafood market - A short walk for Eujiro 4 (Sa)gna subway station.
I love to see the dried seafood here. Unfortunately I cannot bring any of the dried seafood back home. The reason for me to visit this place this morning is to get my Korean Ginseng powder here.  I came 2 days ago but was told there were no more red ginseng powder. After using hands gesture and mobile phone calendar, we managed to communicate that the stock will arrive few days later and I will be able to have it if I come today morning. On my previous trip to Seoul 3 yrs ago, we stayed at Morning Sky Hotel and this market is just behind the hotel. We bought the Ginseng sweets and powder from this shop and is nice. So, I am back here, glad the shop is still around. Bought 2 bottles of  Red Ginseng Powder at 90,000won.
We spotted this shop near The Standard Hotel, the hotel that I am supposed to move to for stay from 7 Nov tot 12 Nov. As we can only check in at 3pm and we arrived at around 12 plus, we decided to walk around the neighborhood.  Soya cold noodles according to shop owner - is only available in summer. So we have no choice but to try out something new to us. Blood sausage soup (while soup based) and Pork Bone stew (orange soup based). Blood sausage taste chewy (blood wrap in sausage with vermicelli) where the bone soup taste a little like kimchi soup with perilla leave in it to make it taste like herbal taste. All taste good like comfort soup that do not hurt our pockets. All food serve in Korean eatery comes with free flow side dishes which we can never get tired of.


Standard Hotel - Just steps a way from Exit 8 of Deungchon Sub-way station
You need to enter via Coffee Smith to get to hotel if you want to use the lift. 
Love at first sight when I checked in. Its a luxury, far cry from Grid Inn. Big rooms with all the amenities.

Unlike other hotels, the staff will refill water based on what we are given per day. So if you have 3 pkts of coffee power and left with 2, they will refill 3 pkts instead of 1. How nice right?
Also, I broke a mug and they told me it is ok, no need to pay. Love them so much.
I remembered when I was in Thailand, Krabi, I need to pay $8 for a broken grass for brushing teeth.
I can treat this hotel as a resort if I want too in future. Definitely going to mark this.
Located outside Seoul main central and most of the tourist attractions, it takes 33 mins to reach Seoul Station and 32mins to Express Bus Terminal. This exclude transfer time and also waiting time in case we miss the train we are supposed to catch. However, I guess I still like it here as I can at least relax a bit when I am back to Hotel. There are food nearby, so it is not a totally ulu place.

We were supposed to look for a place to eat near hotel, but we ended up at Sinchon Station not able to go back due to its peak human congestion in train. It was raining, so we have no choice but to end up eating in one of these shops. It  is really meant for locals. Basically, most are instant meals except they cook the rice and egg for you to add in. If not, they heat it up and provide you with a proper disposable bowl and chopstick so that you can eat comfortable at their shop. I must say, if there is such shop over in my home country, a lot of youngster will end up eating here too. 

Not wanting to sleep after reaching Standard Hotel, both of us went out for a walk. This hawker sells something like port ribs or something. Find it very interesting.

As promised, we went to the local supermarket near the hotel. Tried this out.
Verdict : Nothing much. Like a bread with peanut butter ice cream sandwich.

To reach Standard Hotel from Incheon International Airport
By Limousine Bus 
6008 or 6003. Stop at Deungchon Middle School and take 10mins walk to the hotel.
By train
Take a Airport express to Gimpo Airport. Take line 9 to Deungchon station. Exit 7 or 8. 
Go via Coffeesmith or walk behind for the elevator to level 2 for Hotel Lobby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

181103-Apsan Park, Daegu

181105 Jungbu Market,Kwangjang market Haneul park